2012-09-24

SolidWorks 2013 Highlights: Conic, Intersect, Dashboard, and More


SW2013 introduces Conic sketch, driven by end points and rho value.
Quite often, in the middle of a press briefing on a new CAD software release, I’d hear a musical number from Annie Get Your Gun:

Anything you can do, I can do better;
I can do anything better than you.

No, I’m not hallucinating. Irving Berlin’s words seem to echo the song-and-dance routine at these press events: Autodesk Inventor gives you real-time ray-tracing? So does our product. Solid Edge gives you push-pull editing? Our software does too, and it does it better. And so on.

Last week, when I flew to Waltham, Massachusetts, for a preview of SolidWorks 2013, I, for a change, couldn’t hear the familiar musical number. And it wasn’t because it was drowned out by the cracking of lobster claws during dinner. It was because I genuinely felt that a number of new features debuting in SW2013 sets it apart from its competitors.

2 comments:

  1. I love solidworks, I never thought I would switch from AutoCAD, I have used it for a long while now and would not recomend anything else.

    Solidworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too enjoy reading post on solidworks.SolidWorks offers a simulation packages to set up virtual real-world environments so you can test your product designs before manufacture.
    The Number One
    3-D Product Design & Solidworks vendor in Singapore - SeaCAD Technologies

    ReplyDelete